Riding the line to the airport is certainly a lot cheaper than a shuttle or a cab, but be forewarned: The trip may take you a little longer.
While you can get to DFW from any station on DART's network for just $2.50, you'll have to change trains unless you start from a station on the Orange Line. And there are no express trains, so you'll be stopping at every station along the way.
Here are estimated travel times from selected stations:
- 54 minutes - Dallas West End Station (11 stops)
- 56 minutes - North Carrollton Frankford Station (11 stops)
- 63 minutes - Dallas Mockingbird Station (16 stops)
- 84 minutes - Dallas Westmoreland Station (19 stops)
- 92 minutes - Plano Parker Road Station (27 stops)
- 100 minutes - Rowlett Station (22 stops)
- 103 minutes - Dallas Buckner Station (22 stops)
- 103 minutes - Dallas Ledbetter Station (20 stops)
In addition to providing new connections for world travelers, the Orange Line to DFW is expected to offer flexibility for almost 60,000 people who work at the airport.
The DFW trains will operate on an expanded schedule, with the first weekday arrival at 3:50 a.m. and the last departure at 1:28 a.m.