Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared the following recipes on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, December 17.
Amy Rankin s Special Pretzels
- 1 box 2 gallon Ziplock bag
- 1 large bag of small Tiny Twists pretzels
- 1/2 bottle of Orville Redenbacher s Popcorn oil
- 1 Tbsp Dill Weed
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pour all ingredients into a Ziploc bag and shake, shake, shake!
April Rankin s White Trash
- 6 oz. (or 1 heaping cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 box 2 gallon Ziploc bags
- Microwave chocolate chips for 1 minute.
- Stir and microwave for an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Pour the Rice and Corn Chex cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir gently until coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Place 1 cup powdered sugar into a 2 gallon Ziploc bag then add in Chex and chocolate mixture.
- Seal bag securely and shake until cereal is coated with the powdered sugar.
- Transfer to a clean Ziploc bag or airtight container.