WFAA is seeking an Assignments Editor. The overall responsibility of an Assignments Editor is to manage breaking news information and resources while advising newsroom staff and crews on the best approach to cover news as it happens.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Assign news crews
- Regularly communicate updates on news, crews and information with newsroom staff
- Monitor scanners, phones and email
- Monitor and update various social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook
- Gather details on developing stories and relay that to newsroom and impacted field crews
- Read local newspapers and wire stories
We are seeking a candidate with the following:
- Background in news preferred
- Background in DFW and Texas preferred but not required
- Has the ability to multi-task and function in high pressure environment
- Basic understanding of computers and technology
If you are interested and qualified for any of the posted positions, please send a cover letter and two copies of your resume to the address listed below. You may also submit this information by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
606 Young Street
Dallas, Texas 75202