WEATHERFORD -- Marine Chris Moore is feeling a pain like no other after learning about the brutal death of his 19-month-old daughter, Tylea.

It's a father's loss, and a father's fear.

Police arrested 20-year-old Joshua Beard for the crime after the baby's mother, Alexis Botello, led police to the toddler's body.

'It just broke my heart, knowing I'm never going to get to see her again. Or hold her in my arms,' Moore said. 'And now, because of Josh, Alexis is probably going to go away, too. And I'm going to lose both my girls.'

Moore is at an emotional breaking point.

'I think, 'Why me? What did I do to deserve to lose my daughter?'' he told News 8.'She was the most beautiful, smart girl ever.'

According to a search warrant affidavit, Beard beat the child to death on the Fourth of July. Police said Botello then helped bury Tylea under a bridge in rural Springtown.

Arlington Police Lt. Chris Cook said Beard was arrested July 5 at his Arlington home after officers got a call about possible illicit activity. He was booked and still in jail on outstanding warrants when Arlington police learned about the new information.

'She was in fear of her life, I know that,' Moore said, standing by Botello -- even after reading her account of what happened. Beard said the 17-year-old mother of his child was in an abusive relationship, scared, and was convinced that her boyfriend would murder her.

'Everyone is making it look like she was willingly an accomplice,' Moore said. 'Like she was willingly willing to bury her, when really... it was Josh's idea and [Beard] said 'Hey, if you don't do this, I'll kill you.''

Moore said he hasn't left Botello's side since flying in from California this week, and has no plans to.

'She was a wonderful mother,' he said.

Moore blames Beard and Beard alone for robbing him of his sweet daughter, who would have been two years old on New Year's Eve.

'How can you kill an innocent little girl?' Moore asked. 'She was sitting there crying, and while she's on the ground crying, you decide to stomp on her and kill my daughter? I really hope he gets what he deserves in jail.'

As of Tuesday night, Beard remained in the Arlington jail on a $1 million bond.

Funeral services for Tylea are pending.


Read or Share this story: