We found a delicious way to make sweet potatoes compliment any breakfast dish sweet potato curls tossed in olive oil and rosemary, then dashed with sea salt. You can bake them up or toss them in a skillet. Don't forget to check out the bonus recipe:Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Fries. This will be the perfect OMG treat for your Super Bowl party next weekend!\
Perfect Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary and Sea Salt
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of minced rosemary
- You may use garlic in this recipe to your taste preference and/or sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips 1/4 inch
- Add potato strips, oil, salt and rosemary to a large Ziploc bag and shake well.
- Place the coated strips on the foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning about halfway through. Fries are done when they are browned around the edges.
- Transfer immediately to a paper towel-lined plate and serve warm.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 oz. bacon (do not use thick cut)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Slice each piece of bacon in half, lengthwise and then in half, width-wise, so there will be four strips cut from one piece of bacon.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around sweet potato. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all the bacon is gone.
- If you have leftover sweet potatoes, you can put them on the cookie sheet as well. They will bake nicely in all the rendered bacon fat.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes feel soft. Turn the oven to broil and let the tops get crispy; two minutes or so, but watch carefully as they will burn easily.
- Serve immediately.