Amy Kushnir prepared this recipe on News 8 Daybreak, Saturday, September 3.
Yummy Broccoli Salad
- 3-4 bunches of broccoli (tops only trimmed small)
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 T white vinegar
- Cut tips off broccoli
- Cook bacon
- Chop onion
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and let sit in fridge for at least one hour or two.
- To feed a large group, get a bag of broccoli at Sam s or Costco and use about 3/4 of the bag.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-size pieces.
- Use one bag of cheese, one small bag of cranberries and one lb. of bacon.
- Add 1 1/2 cup mayo, full 1/2 cup sugar and 4 T vinegar.