We are seeking someone who gathers, investigates, logs and writes news stories, special reports, and series to be used on TV news programs and news specials.Uses creative and artistic tales to produce creative and original news stories and news features for inclusion in WFAA-TV news programming.
We are seeking an individual with the following:
- The skills to make news by doing intensive research, crafting well thought out questions and asking those questions to news makers in a pointed but fair manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Texas State politics and the political landscape of North Texas preferred.
- Creates original stories from sources, beat checks, and by gaining insight from a variety of print and online sources.
- Knowledge of how to mine websites for relevant documents online
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills.
- Expertise in reporting on multiple platforms, including social media and web.
- Stays informed of developments in ongoing stories and issues.
- Strong live presence
- Knowledge of web publishing
- Travels for story coverage when needed.
Education: College Degree
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years reporting and/or producing experience in a medium to major market.
If you are interested and qualified for any of the posted positions, please send a cover letter and two copies of your resume to the address listed below. You may also submit this information by e-mailing email@example.com.
606 Young Street
Dallas, Texas 75202