Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Banana Nut Bread on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, September 14.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 21/2 cups sifted flour
- 11/4 tsp. baking powder
- 11/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped pecans
- 11/4 cup mashed bananas
- In a mixer, beat together eggs, butter, buttermilk.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix on medium until thoroughly blended.
- Fold in pecans and bananas on low speed.
- Pour batter into two greased bread loaf pans, filling about halfway.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes until cooked through.
- Slice once cooled.
Recipe from my two precious aunts: Aunt Faye and Aunt Dean