Assignments Editor Angela Madison shares her A-list picks of upcoming events around North Texas. The bonus is, they're free.
Complete list of Free Events:
- Historic Downtown Wylie
- Features car show, chili cook-off, arts and crafts, food and music
- Saturday, July 5, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Plaza Theatre in Garland
- Saturday, July 5 at 2 p.m.;Ice Cream Social at 1 p.m.
- Ice cream is $2
- Celebration Park (Allen, TX)
- Sunday, July 6 at 3 p.m.lRising Star Recital at 2:30 p.m.
- Klyde Warren Deck Park Dallas
- Sunday, July 6, 7-8 p.m.
- Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts, Arlington
- Saturday, July 5:The Derailers
- Sunday, July 6:Jamestown Revival
- All concerts start promptly at 8:30 p.m.
- Nasher Sculpture Center (Dallas)
- Saturday, July 6, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Historic Granbury Square
- Friday, July 4, 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 5, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, July 6(see website)
And below are events for a few cents:
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden
- Saturday, July 5, 8:15 p.m.
- Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth
- BBQ Tamales ... Oh My!
- Sunday, July 6, 1-6 p.m.
- Dallas City Performance Hall
- Saturday, July 5, 2 p.m.
- Lone Star Park Grand Prairie ($5)
- Saturday, July 5, 6:30 p.m.
Happy Independence Day, USA!
I will be tweeting updates and more events, so follow me on Twitter.
Thank you for sharing your pictures and information about activities around North Texas.
Be safe and enjoy this first weekend of July!!