Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today whipped up this salsa recipe for Cinco de Mayo on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, May 4.
- 1 29-ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel, original
- 1 cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 large jalapeno, chopped with seeds (or 2 for extra heat)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- In a food processor (or a blender) layer the following: Tomato sauce, Roma tomatoes, Rotel, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, red pepper, salt, ground pepper and cumin.
- Give the machine a few good pulses until you see the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate or serve immediately (best if refrigerated overnight).