Stacy Fawcett visited News 8 Daybreak Saturday to show us how to make a mouth-watering (and carb-loaded) delicious treat to get the holiday season started.
- 1 loaf cinnamon bread (I used Cinnabon brand, but you can use any cinnamon loaf; Great Harvest is great!)
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. light Karo syrup
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in sauce pan over medium heat until sugar is melted.
- Pour mixture into the bottom of a 9' x 13' pan.
- Cut bread into 1 inch squares.
- Cut cream cheese into small squares.
- Layer half of bread squares over brown sugar mixture in the 9' x 13' pan.
- Sprinkle a layer of cream cheese squares in the pan and top with remaining bread squares.
- Whisk eggs, cream and cinnamon in a bowl until beaten thoroughly. Pour over bread, making sure to cover all the bread (Press bread down if necessary).
- Cover and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until brown and set. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if desired.