August 30th is International Bacon Day and we are celebrating by making my Mom's candied bacon! Candied bacon is good by itself or over brownies,
August 30 is International Bacon Day, and we are celebrating by making my mom's candied bacon!
Candied bacon is good by itself, or when sprinkled over brownies, cupcakes or ice cream.
Try this: Dip your candied bacon in chocolate and sprinkle with coarse sea salt!
Visit Stacy Fawcett's Facebook page for information about her weekly giveaway.
Grandma Lynn's Candied Bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup REAL maple syrup
- 1 lb of bacon (thick-sliced)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Completely wrap two cookie sheets in foil.
- Combine maple syrup and brown sugar until thick and smooth.
- Dip each slice of bacon in sugar mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and drain grease by tilting pan.
- Carefully pour (remove) excess grease into a glass container, then turn over each slice of bacon.
- Lightly drizzle sugar mixture over bacon if more is needed. Return in oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove bacon from foil pan and place onto a glass or ceramic plate to completely cool. (You can lightly spray plate with cooking spray to prevent sticking.)
MORE: Daybreak recipes