Week 3 Texas High School Statewide Scoreboard
- No. 2 in the state DeSoto scored with 28 seconds left to rally in Midland, 49-43. DeSoto (3-0) senior quarterback and TCU commit Shawn Robinson hit receiver Laviska Chenault with a 12 TD pass just moments after Midland had taken a 43-41 lead on a 51 FG. DeSoto plays Cedar Hill in two weeks.
- No. 1-ranked Allen broke away from Coppell with the final 21 points in a 42-20 win at Coppell, which was the last school to beat Allen in the regular season (27-24 OT Sept. 28, 2012). Allen (3-0) won for the 60th time in its last 61 games and rolled up a balanced 486 yards total offense.
- In the Battle of HWY 287, Waxahachie (3-0) went on the road for a convincing 50-20 win at Ennis. Oklahoma commit WR Jalen Reagor again provided splashy plays but Hachie QB Bryce Salik continues to improve in his first-year to start under former Dallas Cowboys QB Jon Kitna. Salik threw four TD passes.
- Arlington Bowie rallied with 28 second-half points in a 35-30 win over North Mesquite. Bowie QB Donoven Davenport scored the GWTD on a 3-yard run with 3:05 left.
- Richland senior QB Trae Self (6-4, 185) continues as the hottest Class of 2017 late-bloomer as the first-year starting QB threw three TDs in a rivalry win over Haltom, 48-27, in the 55th meeting between the neighboring (four miles) schools.
- Rowlett (3-0) continues to rise as junior QB Preston Weeks continues to master a strong offense led by senior WR LaDarius Dickens, who caught a TD pass and ran for another in a 31-7 win over Plano.
- Flower Mound Marcus (2-1) outscores Mansfield, 41-31, with speedy sophomore RB Justin Dinka again the offensive star with 165 yards and 2 TDs as the quarterback/receiver team of Michael Henry and Duncan Berger picked up momentum for another state playoff run.
Sept. 9 Statewide Scoreboard
Copyright 2016 WFAA