Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus is among the Final Vote candidates for the American League All-Star team, and the team is campaigning for their guy on the final day of voting.
Social media voting is counted in the voting for the final six hours, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday. #ElectElvis is the official hashtag for voting Andrus into the mid-summer classic.
Fans who retweet the #ElectElvis hashtag on Twitter are eligible for Rangers swag every hour between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. The list, courtesy of an official release from the club:
• 9:00 a.m. – Autographed baseballs by Carlos Gomez and Jonathan Lucroy
• 10:00 a.m. – #ElectElvis player t-shirts
• 11:00 a.m. – Autographed baseball by Rougned Odor
• 12:00 noon – Lunch break with Elvis – Tickets to a future Rangers’ game
• 1:00 p.m. – Elvis Andrus Bobbleheads
• 2:00 p.m. – Autographed baseballs by Mike Napoli and Michael Young
• 2:45 p.m. – Tickets to a future Rangers; game and watch batting practice on the field
As of Thursday morning, Andrus was in fourth place in the voting for the last spot on the All-Star team.
Online votes can also be cast here.
© 2017 WFAA-TV