Suspect in 2007 kidnapping, murder of Dallas couple surrenders

Print
Email
|

by MARJORIE OWENS

WFAA

Posted on July 5, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Updated Monday, Nov 11 at 1:26 AM

DALLAS - A man wanted in the kidnapping, torture and murder of a Dallas couple surrendered to United States Customs and Border Protection officials late last week, read a statement released Thursday morning by the U.S. Marshals Service.

Nicolas Monarrez, 30 at the time of the crime, allegedly came up with the deadly plan believing Luis Campos, 20, stole $40,000 worth of narcotics and money from Monarrez. Police said he abducted Campos and his 18-year-old pregnant girlfriend, Linoshka Torres, and drove them to Torres' home, where he allegedly tortured and killed the couple.

Authorities said it was later discovered Campos did not have any involvement in the theft of money and narcotics from Monarrez.

Prior to Monarrez's surrender, Jorge Guzman Banda, 51, and Frank Estrella, 20, were arrested in Anaheim, California for their alleged roles in the crime.

Monarrez, who authorities believe to have links to the Gulf Cartel, is currently being held at the El Paso County Detention Center as he awaits extradition to Dallas County.

 

Print
Email
|