Do you want to create a blog, but the thought seems a bit over your head? This does not sound like an easy process. But creating a blog is not too difficult.
Google has a system that is set up and easy to use. You do not have to know HTML. It is called "blogger" and allows you to just click and create.
- First, go to blogger.com.
You will need a Google account such as a gmail account to operate this system. Click on "get started" tab at the top. You will need to fill in the information, such as you email address and a password. If you already have a gmail account, just log in with your email address and password.
- Next you will be asked to pick a display name. This is the name that others will see when you publish your post. It can be anything you like and others will see it.
- You are now ready to create your blog. Create a name for the Blog and a email address for the blog. Check for availability.
- Now you just need a template for you blog…select a background that works for you. Once you hit continue, you know have a blog.
- To create your first post, click "start blogging"
- Put in a title for your post and start writing in the text box. The blogger's editor allows you create the look and feel that you want.
- Let's say you want to add photos.
Click on the image icon in the tool bar. You can upload photos, link to Picasso or photo from the web. It's up to you.
Once you add the photo, you can add captions or change the size of the photo.
Once you are done with your post, you can choose to preview the post, save it for later to finish or publish the post. Once you have everything you want, publish it and congratulations, you have created your first blog post.