Man dies following east Fort Worth apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by MARCUS MOORE

Bio | Email | Follow: @MarcusMoorewfaa

WFAA

Posted on January 3, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Updated Friday, Jan 3 at 12:57 PM

Fatal single unit fire

View larger map

FORT WORTH –– Investigators suspect a fatal single-unit fire at an apartment complex in east Fort Worth was caused by food left on the stove. 

Fire fighters were called at 11 p.m. Thursday to the Springbrook Apartments at 6500 Normandy Rd. after reports of a fire. Upon their arrival, responders found heavy smoke coming from a first-floor apartment.

Department spokesman Richard Harrison said a man was found unresponsive inside. He was rushed to John Peter Smith Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. 

Harrison was unsure if there was a working smoke detector installed at the apartment. The victim’s name has not been released. The medical examiner will determine an official cause of death following an autopsy. 

No other apartments were damaged during the incident. 

Print
Email
|