Suspected copper thief shocked by live wires after burning utility pole

Print
Email
|

WFAA

Posted on March 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Updated Monday, Mar 11 at 4:53 PM

Man shocked

View larger map

AUBREY -- A man who set fire to a utility pole Sunday was shocked by live wires when the pole fell, according to the Denton County Sheriff's Office.

At about 6:20 p.m. James Johnson, 24, set fire to the pole in the 1600 block of Harmon Road. Authorities believe Johnson was attempting to steal copper.

The pole fell and the wires shocked Johnson, who then was taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital. He is in stable condition.

Johnson will face charges of arson and criminal mischief when he is returned to Denton County Jail.

Print
Email
|