DAYBREAK IAMUP BEDHEAD BRACKET
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Daybreak IAMUP Bedhead Bracket (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents of Texas who reside within 100 miles of the WFAA-TV main office 606 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75202 and who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Participants younger than 18, must be entered by a parent or legal guardian. Employees and contractors of WFAA (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc., Buick (“promotional sponsor”) and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin on March 13, 2017 and end on March 30, 2017 (“Contest Period”) Entrants may enter beginning at 4:30 a.m. (C.T.) on March 13, 2017 and ending at 1:00 p.m. (C.T.) on March 17, 2017 (the “Entry Period”). During the Contest Entry Period, enter online at www.facebook.com/news8daybreak, complete all required information and follow all posted instructions. You must submit a photo showcasing the best bedhead of anyone in your household and post your picture in the comments of the appropriate Facebook post. Limit one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by means of software generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. All entries must be received by 1:00 p.m. (C.T.) on March 17, 2016.
Photo Requirements. Each photo must comply with these guidelines:
a. The photo must be your original work, or you have all rights to submit the photo, and it must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other intellectual rights of any person or entity.
b. If a person other than yourself appears in the entry photo, prior to sending the photo, you are responsible for obtaining, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photo by Sponsor as set forth in these Official Rules.
c. The photo must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person other than you. Should you include personally identifiable information about yourself in the photo, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be disclosed publicly and you are solely responsible for any consequences thereof.
d. The photo may not contain any content that is lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or that otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole and unfettered discretion.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience. By entering, you agree to receive e-mails from Sponsor or those directed by Sponsor. You can opt-out of the receipt of such e-mails by following the directions or in any email received from Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection. Two Winners – Two Grand Prize Winners and One Voter Winner will be selected through a bracket voting process described below. On March 17, 2017, 16 entries will be randomly chosen by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, as finalists whose photos will make up the brackets. . The finalists’ photos brackets will be posted on the Daybreak IAMUP Bedhead Bracket Facebook page at www.facebook.com/news8daybreak. The photos will be voted on by users each business day between March 20 and March 30, 2017. Only individuals who are least 13 years of age at the time of voting are eligible to submit a vote. Votes may be submitted as follows each day during the Voting Period. Only one (1) vote per day per Round.
First Round of Voting – Kids Bracket - March 20 at 4:30 AM – March 21 at 1PM
First Round of Voting – Adult Bracket - March 20 at 4:30 AM – March 21 at 1PM
Semi Finals – Kids Bracket - March 22 at 4:30 AM – March 24 at 1PM
Semi Finals – Adult Bracket - March 22 at 4:30 AM – March 24 at 1PM
Winners of the First round compete against each other
Final Voting Period – Kids bracket March 27 at 4:30 AM - March 30 at 1PM
Winners of the Semi Finals compete against each other
Final Voting Period – Adult Bracket March 27 at 4:30 AM – March 30 at 1PM
At 1PM on March 30, 2017 the entrants who submitted the photos that received the most eligible and valid votes will be the Two Grand Prize Winners. In the event of a tie, the winners will be randomly selected, by Sponsor, from the tied submissions. Sponsor will also randomly select one Voter Winner from among the eligible and valid voters. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects
5. Prizes and Odds. Two Grand Prize Winners will each receive a 128 GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi (ARV: $499). The Voter Winner will receive a 128 GB iPad Mini with Wi-Fi (ARV: $499). Odds of winning depend on the number of voters, and eligible entries and votes received. Only one (1) prize per household.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about March 30th, 2017 on the final day of the Daybreak IAMUP Bed Head Bracket by private message on the WFAA’s Facebook page. Failure of winner to respond to notification will result in disqualification of potential winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at WFAA, 606 Young Street, Dallas Texas, 75202 within five (5) business days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9 a.m. (E.T.) and 5 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays) and must present a valid photo identification. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the contest, and a liability and publicity release which must be returned as directed by Sponsor. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that, in the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Facebook account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, TEGNA Inc. and Facebook from and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries and damages arising out of the promotion, including but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of participant’s participation in the promotion, the receipt, use or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the promotion or any prize. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the entrant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each entrant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor may require, and will not publicly perform or display his or her submission without the express permission of Sponsor.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Daybreak IAMUP Bedhead Bracket is sponsored by WFAA-TV. The decisions of Sponsor and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after March 31, 2017 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit wfaa.com/contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Daybreak IAMUP Bedhead Bracket, 606 Young Street Dallas, TX, 75202. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Andrea Newham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2017 WFAA-TV