The Dallas Veteran's Day event and parade starts with a ceremony at 11 a.m. in front of City Hall.
Following the hour-long ceremony, the parade begins.
- Starts at Reunion Arena
- Heads north on Houston Street
- East on Main Street
- South on Ervay Street
- West on Young Street
- South on Akard Street
- Pass in front of City Hall
- South on Ervay
- Disperse south of City Hall
This year's theme is "Honoring the Veterans and POWs of Vietnam" and Capt. Charles DeBellevue and Col. Bernard Talley are serving as the Grand Marshals. The keynote speaker is Rep. Sam Johnson, a colonel and former Vietnam prisoner of war.
The Fort Worth 2013 Veterans Day Parade starts at 10 a.m. and will finish by noon. This year's theme is "Honoring Medics and Corpsmen — Unsung Heroes."
- Starts on North Main Street near the LaGrave Field
- Turns on to Houston
- Turns on to 5th Street
- Turns on Main Street toward the Tarrant County Courthouse
- Present your military ID or proof of military service and receive a free On the Border meal (Click here for more details and to print out the deal)
- Click here for other Veteran's Day restaurant-store offerings (from dozens including IKEA, Krispy Kreme, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse and more)