GRAPEVINE — No injuries were reported late Monday afternoon when fire damaged a Grapevine residence adjacent to First Presbyterian Church.
Grapevine firefighters asked for help from Colleyville, Southlake and Bedford to battle the flames in the 1900 block of Shenandoah Avenue.
No one was home when the fire was reported at 4:45 p.m., but additional manpower was called in because of the triple-digit heat and the need to limit the shifts of firefighters.
The fire was under control within 30 minutes. There was extensive damage to the 1,700-square-foot residence that was built in 1979.