Seven overcome by gas fumes at Fort Worth residence

Print
Email
|

WFAA

Posted on December 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Updated Monday, Dec 5 at 1:28 AM

Gas leak

View larger map

FORT WORTH — Seven people in northwest Fort Worth  were taken to the hospital Sunday evening after apparently being overcome by gas fumes.

Fort Worth Fire Department officials said they were alerted to the problem at a residence in the 2400 block of Capri Drive at around 6:30 p.m.

A total of nine people were in the home, and three children were initially reported to be unresponsive.

After the house was cleared, seven were rushed to the emergency room with what were described as mild symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The cause of the gas leak was under investigation.

One week ago, five people were overcome by fumes at a Grand Prairie residence when a charcoal grill was moved indoors.

Print
Email
|