DALLAS — A Dallas Fire-Rescue hazardous materials team was summoned to the Earle Cabell Federal Building downtown Tuesday evening to investigate a report of a suspicious powder on the floor of a restroom.
It turned out to be a false alarm.
Dressed in protective white uniforms, the specialists entered the building at the corner of Commerce and Griffin streets after 6 p.m. and went to the ladies room on the 7th floor.
"All tests came back negative," Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.
The development comes shortly after a letter that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was delivered to the Washington office of U.S. Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi.
The letter was intercepted at a processing facility before it reached Wicker's office.