Grapevine High School
Grapevine High School was briefly evacuated Thursday morning after a gas leak was found near the kitchen.
School officials were given the 'all clear' at 11 a.m., about 45 minutes after the evacuation order, said Grapevine Colleyville Independent School District spokeswoman Megan Overman. In all, 2,100 students briefly left the campus.
Grapevine Fire Department officials were called to investigate. Firefighters went room-to-room to check gas levels throughout the school.
Fire chief Mark Ashmead said a contractor working in the mechanical room accidentally released some gas into the area. He said it wasn't a substantial amount and caused more of an odor than an accumulation. The gas was shut off and the mechanical room is being vented.
Classes will release at their normal hour.