Hazmat called to Salvation Army
DALLAS - Five people were transported to nearby hospitals after a jar containing an unknown liquid was dropped, releasing fumes at a Salvation Army in Dallas, said Major Carl Earp, with the Salvation Army.
A worker was unloading a box when the glass jar broke at the Salvation Army, located in the 5500 block of Harry Hines Boulevard. Five people, including at least one customer and several employees, reported feeling ill after witnessing fumes rise up from the jar.
What type of liquid was in the jar is not known. All five people were taken to hospitals as a precaution.
Hazmat is at the scene investigating.