1. Alternating knee raises 30 seconds
2. Jumping jack step outs 30 seconds
3. Small arm circles forward 30 seconds
4. Large arm circle, right 30 seconds
5. Large arm circle, left 30 seconds
6. Jump ropes in place 30 seconds
1. Pushups, modified (chest, shoulders, biceps triceps) 45 seconds, 15 second rest
- Start with bodyweight in hands and knees, hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart so that elbow joint makes 90 degree angle in flexion.
- Drop your hips so that your back is flat and your body makes a straight line from your shoulders to your knees; knees can be in flexion, toes off ground.
- Bend at your elbows, slowly lowering your body to the ground. Maintain a straight spine throughout the motion. Inhale on way down, exhale on way up.
- Get as low as you can without touching the ground or breaking the straight line through your body, then slowly press back up through your hands until your arms are almost completely straight.
2. Standing biceps with band (biceps, forearm, wrist, core) 45 seconds, 15 second rest
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Loop exercise band underneath both feet and extend arms straight down.
- Contract your bicep to bend at the elbow and bring your forearm up, keeping your upper arm perpendicular to the floor and your elbows tucked to your sides.
- Slowly relax your biceps and lower your forearms down until your arms are straight again, and then repeat the motion. Up and down is one repetition. Exhale on the way up, inhale on the way down.
3. Band shoulder press, single arm (shoulders, tri, trap) 30 seconds each arm, 15 second rest
- Loop a resistance band under one foot--feet placed shoulder width apart, making sure you have the same length of band on each side of your body.
- Bring your hand up outside of your shoulders so that it is just above shoulder height and 2-4 inches outside of your shoulder. Contract your abs and rock your hips in slightly to keep a straight back.
- Slowly press your hand straight up over your shoulders, keeping your wrists above your elbows the entire time.
- Slowly lower your hand back to shoulder height, then repeat. Continue the motion for a set number of repetitions or a set time period.
4. Military pushups, modified (chest, triceps, shoulders, low back, core) 45 seconds, 15 second rest
- Start on your hands and knees with your hands directly under your shoulders.
- With your weight evenly distributed between your hands and knees, drop your hips so that your back makes a straight line from shoulder to knee.
- Bend your elbows back towards your sides, slowly lowering your body to the ground. Keep your elbows squeezed to your sides so that your upper arms slide against the side of your ribs; elbows are driving backwards to the wall behind you.
- Get as close to the ground as you can without touching or letting your back bow or arch, then slowly press back up through the palm of your hand until your arms are almost straight. Down and up is one repetition. Inhale on the way down, exhale on the way up.
5. Standing lateral raise (deltoid, trap, biceps, triceps) 45 seconds, 15 second rest
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart and loop an exercise band under both feet, making sure you have the same amount of length on each side of your body. Keep your arms at your sides with palms facing in towards your thighs.
- Bend your elbows slightly and lift your arms up and out to your sides as high as is comfortable; try for at least shoulder height but aim for 2-6 inches higher than shoulder height. Your palms will be facing the ground at the top of the motion.
- Slowly lower your arms back down to your sides, and then repeat the motion. Up and back down is one repetition.
- Repeat 2x
COOL DOWN STRETCHES
6. Shoulder stretch 15 seconds each arm
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and bring your right arm up and across your chest, parallel to the ground.
- Grab your arm just above your right elbow with your left hand and pull your right arm across your chest until you feel a stretch in your upper back and the back of your shoulder.
7. Chest stretch with towel
- Stand and hold the towel at both end of towel behind your back, you should feel a stretch in the front of your chest. Relax and hold this position for 15-30 seconds. Remember to breathe slowly and let the chest muscles stretch gently.
- Slowly return to the starting position, REST and repeat.
(Source: Brigid Wollack (trainer) / Fit Family Health - Fitfamilyhealth.com)