Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

Ford injury to halt 'Star Wars' for 2 weeks

Credit: Getty Images

HOLLYWOOD, CA - MARCH 02: Actors Harrison Ford (L) and Calista Flockhart attend the Oscars held at Hollywood & Highland Center on March 2, 2014 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

Associated Press

Posted on July 6, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Updated Sunday, Jul 6 at 5:29 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Harrison Ford's injury will cause production on "Star Wars: Episode VII" to be suspended for two weeks.

Disney announced Sunday that shooting would be halted for two weeks in August to adjust the production schedule following Ford's injury. The 71-year-old broke his leg in June during filming of the much-anticipated sequel at Pinewood Studios outside of London.

Disney had said earlier that Ford's injury wouldn't cause any delays. The studio said Sunday that "Episode VII" is still "on track" to wrap in the fall and be released in December 2015.

The accident involved a spacecraft door on the Millennium Falcon falling on Ford's leg. His recuperation was expected to take up to two months.

Print
Email
|