CNN producers released after WTC arrests

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on March 27, 2014 at 5:04 AM

Updated Thursday, Mar 27 at 5:04 AM

NEW YORK (AP) — Two CNN producers have been released without bail after being accused of trying to breach security at the World Trade Center site.

Connor Fieldman Boals and Yon Pomrenze were arraigned Wednesday on a misdemeanor attempted criminal trespass charge. Their lawyers didn't immediately return calls.

Their arrests Tuesday came a day after four men were arrested over a September skydive off the unfinished 1 World Trade Center tower. A teenage boy was accused of scaling it earlier this month.

A court complaint says Boals tried to get through a non-public gate and turnstile and climbed halfway up a fence. The complaint says Pomrenze took video of the episode.

A CNN spokeswoman has said the producers were reporting on the recent security breaches and were not asked to sneak onto the site.

Print
Email
|