When it's hot, no one feels like cooking over a hot stove (much less cooking at all).
So we turned to our good friends at Sprinkles for a cool treat that takes less than 60 seconds to prepare.
Kristyn Summerlin, general manager at Sprinkles in Dallas, visited News 8 Daybreak Saturday with the perfect recipe for a Cupcake Sundae.
Pioneered by Sprinkles, we combine two of your favorite desserts — cupcakes and ice cream — into one, mouthwatering indulgence!
- Ice cream
- Select your favorite cupcake flavor (mine is Red Velvet).
- Remove the cupcake wrapper.
- Gently twist the cupcake top from the cupcake bottom (practice this so you know how to do it without breaking the top!).
- Pop the bottom into a wide glass or a dish and scoop out a heaping, creamy scoop of Sprinkles Ice Cream.
- Affix the top of the cupcake to the sundae.