These dishes were prepared by Amy Kushnir on News 8 Daybreak, Saturday, December 3.
- 2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
- 1pkg. Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup pecans - chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter and mix in pecans and brown sugar until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased baking dish (such as 8" x 11").
- Cut each crescent roll in half lengthwise with a pizza cutter
- Roll each smokie with crescent dough strips..
- Layer the rolled smokies over the mixture filling the entire dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Toasted Cheese Squares
- 3-4 loaves Pepperidge Farm Very Thin White Bread (can also use wheat)
- 4 jars Old English cheese spread
- 4 sticks margarine (softened)
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 1 tsp. Beau Monde seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. dill weed
- Cut crust off all slices of bread.
- Mix all remaining ingredients together in medium sized bowl.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over 3 slices of bread and stack slices evenly.
- Cut the stack into 6 even squares.
- Once you have finished cutting the entire loaf into layered cheese squares, place squares onto a cookie sheet. Let them harden in the freezer for 15-20 min.
- Then you can either bake them @ 350 degrees for 10 - 15 min. or put them in a large Ziploc bag and freeze for later use.