Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today shares two delicious recipes for Super Bowl Sunday.
Tailgate Crabby Patties
- 1 jar Kraft Old English Cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 can White Lump Crab Meat
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 fresh Jalapenos
- English Muffins
- Melt butter and cheese together in sauce pan and pour into bowl.
- Add crab meat and garlic powder. Mix together well.
- Spread onto English muffin halves and add sliced jalapenos.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly on top and brown on edges.
- Cut into quarters and serve while hot.
- 2 lb. Italian ground sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 8 - 10 garlic cloves, pressed
- 3 (14 1/2 oz.) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (29 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 - 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 - 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 - 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1 pkg. refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (family size)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage, onion and garlic in a large pot over medium heat stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Return mixture to pan. Stir in broth and next 6 ingredients, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Skim off fat. Stir in zucchini and tortellini, simmer 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle each serving with cheese.