Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today shows us an easy and crowd-pleasing Italian layered dip to feed your holiday party guests on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, Nov. 24.
- 1 8 oz. Goat Cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 11 oz. container Pesto with Basil
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 7 oz. jars Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil
- 4 - 5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1. Line a small/medium bowl with plastic wrap.
2. Mix both cheese together and pour into bowl. Smoothing out into a level layer.
3. Mix pesto with pine nuts and pour over cheeses. Smoothing a second layer.
4. Drain and chop tomatoes. Mix well with garlic. Pour over second layer and spread smooth.
5. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
6. When ready to serve, take cover off and place a serving plate upside down over bowl.
7. Flip plate right side up while flipping bowl simultaneously upside down on to plate.
8. Lift bowl from dip and peel plastic wrap off dip.
Serve with crackers (I like Wheat Thins)
Recipe from: Matt Thomas - owner Victory Grill Stockton, Ca.
*tip - this makes a large portion. If feeding small crowd, cut ingredients in half.
*garnish with rosemary on top of dip