This recipe for Ramen Noodle Coleslaw was prepared by Amy Kushnir on News 8 Daybreak, Saturday April 23.
- 2-10 oz. bags of coleslaw (angel hair is best)
- 1 bunch of green onions (optional) - chopped
for the dressing:
- 2 packages of Ramen noodle seasoning (oriental or chicken flavor)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
for the crunchies:
- 2 packages Ramen noodles, broken up
- 4 oz. package of slivered almonds
- 4 oz. package of sunflower seeds (shelled)
- Remove flavor packets from soup mix and set aside.
- Crush noodles and place them in bottom of large bowl.
- Top with slaw mix; sprinkle with almonds, sunflower seeds and chopped green onions.
- Whisk together contents of flavor packets, sugar oil and vinegar. Pour over slaw.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Marinating overnight is best.
- Toss before serving.