Texas singer-songwriter George Ducas provided this recipe for Old No. 7 Grilled Salmon as prepared on News 8 Daybreak by Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 5 oz. Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning to taste
- Wash salmon fillets, add salt, pepper & a little Cajun seasoning and set aside.
- Mix whiskey, brown sugar and olive oil and pour in a zip-lock freezer bag.
- Put the fillets in the bag and place on a plate in the fridge for 4-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, heat grill to medium-low heat. Add salmon filets, skin side down. Turn grill temperature down to low.
- Squeeze ½ lemon. Grill for 14 minutes, flip and remove skin. It should separate from the salmon fairly easily.
- Squeeze ½ lemon again, and let the other side cook for 12-14 minutes. Let the grill marks be your guide!
- When ready to remove from grill, place on fresh plate and serve.