Amy Kushnir made Mini Apple Pies on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, September 15.
- 1 box of 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 - 5 small Granny Smith apples (about 4 cups) - peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup light, brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 bottle caramel sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice all apples.
- Place apple slices in a medium mixing bowl and add flour, cinnamon, sugar and salt. Toss well.
- With a pizza slicer, cut pie crust into 3" x 3" squares and place into a greased muffin tin. Continue filling all muffin cups with pie crust squares.
- Add a generous scoop of apple mixture to each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Once cool, gently move on to a cooling rack. Drizzle caramel sauce over each mini apple pie and serve (TIP: place waxed paper under cooling rack before adding caramel sauce).
Pies can also be served with vanilla ice cream.