This recipe for Mema’s Banana Puddin’ was prepared by Amy Kushnir on the July 2 edition of News 8 Daybreak Saturday.
- 2 large boxes of vanilla Jello Instant Pudding
- 2 large containers of Cool Whip
- 6-8 ripe bananas
- 2 boxes of Nilla Wafers
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- Make the pudding as directed on the box
- Slice bananas
- Layer these ingredients In a large glass bowl:
- Nilla Wafers
- Sliced Bananas
- Cool Whip
- Repeat the layers until the bowl has filled up.
This recipe serves 8-10 people but you can always improvise
As a matter of fact, if you are having an adult party and want to put an interesting twist to the dessert, you can dip the Nilla Wafers in rum. Let them sit on a cookie sheet to dry out a little before assembling the dessert. YUM!
You can also make individual portions by putting the pudding layers in a half-pint canning jar.