This dish was prepared by Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today on News 8 Daybreak, Saturday, September 17.
Meat Loaf Minis
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef - not too lean (85/15)
- 1 cup - Progresso Brand Italian Style Bread Crumbs or Panko Italian Style Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion - optional
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 4 - 6 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 jar your favorite Marinara sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- You can add extra ingredients such as cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, jalapenos
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- In lightly greased muffin tin, fill with meat mixture
- Form a hole in each mini.
- Fill the hole with marinara sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of baking, you can add mozzarella cheese to each mini as a topping, if desired.