Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared this recipe on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, March 31.
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (reserve 3/4 for topping)
- 1 16 oz container Cool Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 boxes lemon instant pudding, regular size (made to directions and refrigerated)
Making four layers in a 9x13 glass dish
- Mix butter, flour and 3/4 cup pecans together and press to the bottom of the glass dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until light brown.
- Cool completely.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip until creamy and spread over first layer.
- Spread lemon pudding (made to box directions) evenly over second layer.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip evenly over third layer and top with remaining pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
You can use chocolate pudding instead and make Chocolate Delight.