Amy Kushnir prepared Jalapeño Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, September 1.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion - finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts - cooked and shredded
- 8 - 10 flour tortillas
- 1 2 cup bag shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 - 2 jalapeños - de-seeded and chopped
- salt/pepper to taste
- Cook and shred chicken - set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute chopped onion with olive oil.
- Add shredded chicken and mix well.
- Place a scoop of chicken mixture in the center of the tortilla, add 2 Tbs. of cheese and roll tight.
- Place seam-down onto a greased 9" x 13" baking dish. Repeat until filled with enchiladas.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and whisk in flour to make a roux.
- Gradually add chicken broth, bring to a slight boil. Continue whisking.
- Turn heat to low and stir in sour cream, chopped jalapeño, cumin and salt/pepper to taste.
- Stir well and let simmer until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling (about 15 - 20 min).