DeSOTO - Veterans Day is right around the corner. This weekend is a big one for all our servicemen and women. DeSoto is one of many places around North Texas that is hosting a benefits fair for veterans.
Did you know that 54 percent of veterans are not receiving the benefits they have earned through service to our country?
These fairs are designed to help all veterans take advantage of the benefits they are entitled to receive as a result of their service. Participants are encouraged to browse booths that will be set up with additional information on:
- Applying for benefits available for veterans operating small businesses
- Special health and mental health benefits
- Local businesses who offer special veterans discounts or services and more
You can also speak with representatives from the following organizations:
- The Veterans Advocate Group of North Texas
- The Texas Veterans Commission
- Veterans Affairs
- VA North Texas Health Cary System/Home Based Primary Care
- VA North Texas/Medical Foster Home
- Caregivers Support Group
There will also be an Appreciation Ceremony at 10:00 a.m. Saturday in the City Council Chambers. DeSoto invites all current and former members of the U.S. Military and and their families to come out to the Veteran's Appreciation Day Event and Benefits Fair on Saturday November 10, 2012. The event will be held from 9:00 a.m. to noon at the Jim Baugh Government Center located in DeSoto Town Center at 211 E. Pleasant Run Road.