Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared these Halloween-themed snacks on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, October 29.
Halloweenies with Mustard Sauce
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 44 cocktail-size smoked link sausages (from a 1 lb. package)
- ½ cup creamy Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. dried oregano leaves – crushed
- Heat oven to 375 F degrees
- On a clean, work surface, roll dough sheet onto 14x11 inch rectangle.
- Cut dough into 7x1/2 inch strips (making about 44 strips).
- Pat sausages dry with a paper towel.
- Wrap 1 strip of dough around each sausage to look like a mummy; press firmly at each end to secure.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-15 min. or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mustard and oregano.
- Once Halloweenies are cooked, dot the "eyes" with a toothpick and regular mustard.
- Serve warm with mustard sauce or with ketchup and regular mustard.
Recipe from Pillsbury
Amy’s Texas Chili
- 1 lb. lean Ground Beef
- 2 cans Hunt’s Tomato Sauce – 29 oz.
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans – 15 oz.
- 4 - 5 Garlic cloves - pressed
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 tsp. ground Cumin
- 2 Tbs. Gebhardt Chili Powder – can substitute with any other brand of Chili seasoning.
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Fritos Corn Chips
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef with onion and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with grated cheese, dollop of sour cream and a handful of Fritos corn chips on top.
For something different... serve in individual Fritos bags cut open sideways. Makes cleanup easy!