These recipes were prepared by Amy Kushnir on the December 10 edition of News 8 Daybreak Saturday.
Grandma’s Christmas Salad
- 1 lg. box raspberry JELL-O
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 small can mandarin oranges (drained, cut into small chunks)
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits (drained)
- 1 can Ocean Spray whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Mix gelatin with boiling water then add cold water.
- Chill in fridge until thickened.
- Once thickened, fold in oranges, pineapple tidbits, cranberry sauce and walnuts.
- Stir thoroughly and refrigerate overnight.
- 1 bottle Champagne (your favorite brand)
- 1 bottle cranberry juice
- 1 bottle orange juice (with or without pulp, your choice)
- Fresh cranberries (optional)
- Pour equal amounts of orange juice and champagne into glass.
- Add a splash of cranberry juice.
- Garnish with a few fresh cranberries on top.