Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today shows us how to make Stuffed Mushrooms on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, October 20.
- 2 8 oz. pkg. white mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1/2 pkg. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed or chopped)
- 1 jar Candy Krisp Jalapenos (or your favorite brand or fresh jalapeno)
- Wash and gently dry mushrooms (or clean off with a damp cloth), remove stems, and hollow out mushroom caps.
- In a large skillet, begin to brown and crumble sausage.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and let it cook over medium heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer meat mixture to a plate with paper towel to drain any excess grease.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together both cheeses and bread crumbs with the meat mixture.
- Scoop out mixture with a small spoon (such as a teaspoon) and fill mushroom caps.
- Place stuffed mushrooms on a non-stick baking sheet and top each one with a jalapeno slice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Also good warmed up.
Makes approximately 28 mushrooms (depending on size)