We found a delicious way to make sweet potatoes compliment any breakfast dish — sweet potato curls tossed in olive oil and rosemary, then dashed with sea salt. You can bake them up or toss them in a skillet. Don't forget to check out the bonus recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Fries. This will be the perfect OMG treat for your Super Bowl party next weekend!\
Perfect Sweet Potato Fries with Rosemary and Sea Salt
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 Tbsp of minced rosemary
- You may use garlic in this recipe to your taste preference and/or sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into strips 1/4 inch
- Add potato strips, oil, salt and rosemary to a large Ziploc bag and shake well.
- Place the coated strips on the foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning about halfway through. Fries are done when they are browned around the edges.
- Transfer immediately to a paper towel-lined plate and serve warm.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 8 oz. bacon (do not use thick cut)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
- Slice each piece of bacon in half, lengthwise and then in half, width-wise, so there will be four strips cut from one piece of bacon.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around sweet potato. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all the bacon is gone.
- If you have leftover sweet potatoes, you can put them on the cookie sheet as well. They will bake nicely in all the rendered bacon fat.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes feel soft. Turn the oven to broil and let the tops get crispy; two minutes or so, but watch carefully as they will burn easily.
- Serve immediately.