Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today shows us how to make a simple, light hot weather recipe for Summer Shrimp with Pasta (best when served with crusty garlic bread!).
- 1 lb. Gulf shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 2 large squash, washed and sliced
- 1/3 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- ground paprika to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil, washed and chopped
- 1/2 lb. of your favorite pasta (cooked to directions)
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, sauté onion and garlic with olive oil.
- Add squash and cook until tender (8-10 minutes).
- Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on shrimp, then add to skillet.
- Cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Once pasta is done, toss with butter and garlic.
- Plate pasta, then add shrimp mixture and top with basil.