Just in time for football tailgaters, Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Sloppy Joe Sliders on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, September 7, 2013.
- 1½ lb. lean ground beef
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 pkg. slider buns
- 1 jar hamburger dill pickle chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown meat with chopped onion.
- Add in remaining ingredients: Ketchup, vinegar, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt/pepper.
- Simmer on low heat for 5 - 10 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Place buns on a baking sheet and warm in oven for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Spoon meat mixture on bottom half of each bun; top with pickle chip and top half of bun.