Here's the recipe for Sicilian Chicken and Potatoes, as prepared by Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, June 23.
- 6 chicken thighs (with bone & skin)
- 7 Yukon potatoes - diced
- 1 small onion - chopped
- fresh oregano
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a large Dutch oven or baking dish, place potatoes and onion on the bottom.
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil all over and add some salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Wash and dry chicken, place on top of potatoes and onion.
- Rub more olive oil on each thigh, then add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh oregano leaves pulled from several twigs.
- Cover with a lid and bake at 400 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and cook 10 - 15 additional minutes.
From Cindy DiMaggio (Dallas' best eyebrow expert)