Sherri Shepherd of "The View" visited News 8 Daybreak Saturday to prepare this recipe for kale (enhanced by Chef Zoe Muller). Watch "The View" weekday mornings at 10 on WFAA Channel 8.
- 2 cups fresh kale
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 of red onion, thin sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- Wash fresh kale well.
- Sauté kale, peppers and mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion.
- Prepare citrus vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients and serve.
Yield Approximately 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
Fat 25.4 grams*
Sodium 85 mg (without added salt)
Carbohydrate: 11 gram
Protein 1.6 gm
*To reduce further decrease calories and fat in this recipe use less citrus vinaigrette.