Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Sausage Hash Brown Bake on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, May 12.
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 lb. sausage, browned and drained
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Spread hash browns into bottom of 9" x 13" dish.
- Sprinkle cooked sausage and cheese over top.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over sausage and hash browns.
- Cover and refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge 20 minutes BEFORE baking.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 to 8 minutes until center is set.
From: Lana Dyck