All cookies are good cookies... and perfect cookies are served warm! Today in the Daybreak kitchen, I am having a cookie extravaganza.
Salted caramel oatmeal cookies
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1-½ cup brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 11 ounces baking caramel bits
- coarse sea salt flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add flour, salt, and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in the oats and caramel bits
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Portion 12 cookies per cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with a few flakes of coarse salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to turn golden around the edges.
Let cookies rest on sheet pan for a few minutes before removing. I like to serve warm with ice cream.
BONUS RECIPE: Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice fresh or from a bottle
- 5 small apples peeled and chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and peeled/chopped apples.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ-apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until chicken is done.